Saturday, September 1, 2012

Next stop...AFRICA!


Hey everyone! I'm trying to kill time during my layover in London so I figured it would be a good time to update you all. I flew straight from Raleigh/Durham to London, my next flight which is straight from here to Uganda boards at 9pm (4pm for you guys). It is finally starting to hit me that I'm going to Africa but I honestly don't think it will sink in until I get off the plane and actually see Uganda with my own eyes. I have never been this excited, nervous, anxious, happy, scared, etc. about anything in my whole life! So many thoughts. So much change. It's such a myriad of emotions, but overall I am just grateful. Grateful to have this opportunity. Grateful to be supported when I do have this opportunity. And grateful for all the little Ugandan faces I have yet to meet. It's crazy to think that next time I'm in the London airport it will be the end of November and I will possess so many memories and experiences in my heart to carry home with me. The best way to spread love is to first show love. By taking a trip like this, it's impossible for your experiences and love to not overflow even when you return home. I hope when I get back to the States, the new love in my heart will cause a ripple effect and help to open others eyes about not only the change they could make in Africa, but anywhere in the world. I have to admit, it was difficult to say my goodbyes in Raleigh yesterday but I know there are so many hello's to come when I get to Uganda that will bring so much joy to my life. I never thought I would be ready to leave home, the people there, the ones I love the most. But I feel like God has done some incredible things in my heart to prepare me for this. As soon as I boarded the flight to London I just had this ease, I know everything is going to be alright, it's out of my hands. Like my dad e-mailed me just a few hours ago "The Lord will take care of you for me" and he's so right. I know I will be fine. I think I have finally reached the point where I have given up on my life as I knew it. I know things are going to change, and I'm so ready to embrace every aspect of it. I know this is exactly why I was created in the first place. I can't wait to see the world from the eyes who have absolutely nothing, yet have a smile on their face from ear to ear.
Well I should probably get off my laptop and go find my gate to board my LAST FLIGHT!! I just wanted to give you all an update on where I'm at, physically and emotionally! Crazy to think next time I blog I will actually be in Africa! I hope you all have a great week!!


xoxo, Carson

3 comments:

  1. So proud of you sister!! LOVE YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You amaze me everyday! Everyone who has the honor of meeting you is going to be touched for the rest of their lives! I am so proud of the young woman you have become! I didn't realize how hard this was going to be to know you are in another country but I know you are blessing others and making a difference in so many other lives! Just come home safe to all of us who love you! By the way...Jordyn has started taking steps and trying really hard to walk so expect her to run up to you in November! I love you baby girl! Be safe and do wonderful things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carson,
    Have an awesome time in Uganda! I'll be following your journey and praying for you. The Lord is going to do great things through you, and I'm excited to hear what he does in your life.

    -Robbie

    ReplyDelete